Samba4 DC GPO service

luke morrison luc785 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 19:09:59 MST 2013

Hello All,

Enclosed is my Summer of Code 2013 patch to have vital password GPO always applied to the Samba4 Domain Controller using a GPO update service.

To try it out "make -j" your samba with the patch, apply a security password GPO and see the difference in ~20 seconds. It also takes GPO hierarchy into account. Informant is a test script, run like :

sudo python ./source4/scripting/bin/informant -s /home/...smb.conf

Can someone please do a review on this please and get back to me at either this email or luc785 at hotmail.com?

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with my project last summer. And Matthieu, great mentoring!

Kind Regards

Luke Morrison
Software Engineering
Carleton University