Garming Sam, Samba Intern for the summer
asn at samba.org
Fri Nov 29 03:32:03 MST 2013
On Friday 29 November 2013 16:57:49 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> G'Day all,
> You will have already noticed Garming starting to review patches and the
> like, and so I figured I might introduce him.
> Garming has joined me at Catalyst IT as an Intern for the summer, and we
> have dived right in to the most difficult corners of Samba. I'm helping
> him where I can, but one thing I need help with is finding small,
> understandable but not tiny chunks of work for him, that I can assist
> with but that don't explode into month-long tasks right off the bat.
> If you have some ideas, please let us know. I'm also very happy to help
> Garming into complex areas of Samba. For example, we do still intend to
> take on the complexities of the internal DNS server, but to do it with
> tests is looking like about a 2 week to 1 month project, so I want to
> start with smaller stuff first.
Here are some ideas:
* 'net ads keytab create' only creates default SPNs and doesn't check AD for
* 'net ads join' currently overwrites all servicePrincipleNames in AD, they
should be merged ... (net ads keytab create probably uses the same code).
* 'net ads join' should create krb5.conf with a single KDC defined when used
with -S <server>
To get familiar with the test infrastructure:
* Add a spoolss PortData test.
* Add some 'root' tests, e.g. test if we can write as a user to a directory in
a share with permissions 0733.
Andreas Schneider GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team asn at samba.org
More information about the samba-technical