[Announce] CTDB 2.5.1 available for download
amitay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 02:18:32 MST 2013
Since CTDB tree has been merged in Samba tree, any new CTDB development
would be done in Samba tree. Till combined Samba+CTDB is released, CTDB
fixes would be released as minor releases starting with 2.5.1.
Changes in CTDB 2.5.1
Important bug fixes
* The locking code now correctly implements a per-database active
locks limit. Whole database lock requests can no longer be denied
because there are too many active locks - this is particularly
important for freezing databases during recovery.
* The debug_locks.sh script locks against itself. If it is already
running then subsequent invocations will exit immediately.
* ctdb tool commands that operate on databases now work correctly when
a database ID is given.
* Various code fixes for issues found by Coverity.
Important internal changes
* statd-callout has been updated so that statd client information is
always up-to-date across the cluster. This is implemented by
storing the client information in a persistent database using a new
"ctdb ptrans" command.
* The transaction code for persistent databases now retries until it
is able to take the transaction lock. This makes the transation
semantics compatible with Samba's implementation.
* Locking helpers are created with vfork(2) instead of fork(2),
providing a performance improvement.
* config.guess has been updated to the latest upstream version so CTDB
should build on more platforms.
Reporting bugs & Development Discussion
Please discuss this release on the samba-technical mailing list or by
joining the #ctdb IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
All bug reports should be filed under CTDB product in the project's
Bugzilla database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).
The source code can be downloaded from:
http://git.samba.org/?p=ctdb.git;a=summary (Git via web)
More information about the samba-technical