The Wrapper Project

Wed Nov 20 07:32:25 MST 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 02:35:38PM +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Having talloc etc. internal makes it easier or a Samba developer to work on
> Samba and externalizing the wrappers makes it easier for *me* to work them,
> test them isolated and to do marketing for it. I want that they are used by
> other projects.

So I see those wrappers as an offer made by you to Samba as
one of the "other projects". In this regard, we should see
it as it is: We could certainly make more use of, say,
Howard Chu's mdb or we could certainly integrate better with
the Netscape SSL suite or other nice software out there. If
someone finds the time and energy to integrate better, we
will certainly consider it. No reason to rush anything,
that's just how free software works.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de