The Wrapper Project

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Wed Nov 20 06:51:13 MST 2013

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:35:38 +0100
Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:

> > I really think it is a pity that you have chosen to go that
> > other path. And we should at least keep a complete copy
> > inside samba. (The alternative with git submodules and
> > copying the code into the tarballs might work, but in all
> > our previous attempts submodules did not work very well
> > so we dropped them.)
>
> The wrappers are not finished yet but if you prefer to have a copy of then in
> the Samba tree, I don't see a problem.
>
> For development, marketing and support for *other* projects it makes more
> sense to have each wrapper in a separate git tree.

If the projects are going to eventually live in separate repositories
(I don't object), I think we should consider using git-submodules[1] to
maintain links to the appropriate git URLs and versions within the Samba
tree.

Cheers, David

1. Git submodules
   http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Submodules