How to change Samba authentication route?

Tue Nov 19 13:27:07 MST 2013

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 01:32:27AM +0900, Xia Xiongjun wrote:
> Dear samba-technical members:
>
> Thanks for your great work, We have such a splendid Samba to smooth our
> work and life so much.
>
> These days I want to develop a project(*2) which authentication route is
> not the same with current Samba.(*1)
>
> The image with (*1) and (*2) is attached.
>
> I wander if it is possible or hard to implement this?
>
> Any help or tips will be appreciated.

The main way to do this is to make Samba a member of a
domain. You have to implement at least what a Samba 3.6
domain controller implements, most prominently the RPC
services 3.6 offers for LSA, SAMR and NETLOGON. Pretty
difficult task if you ask me.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de