[PATCH v4 00/14] add compression ioctl support
ddiss at samba.org
Mon Nov 18 06:54:25 MST 2013
This patch series adds support for the FSCTL_GET_COMPRESSION and
FSCTL_SET_COMPRESSION ioctls, as well as the reporting of the current
compression state via the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPRESSED flag.
Hooks are added to the Btrfs VFS module, which translates such requests
into corresponding FS_IOC_GETFLAGS and FS_IOC_SETFLAGS ioctls.
Changes since v3 (thanks for the feedback Jeremy):
- fixed and split copy-chunk dest unlock change into separate commit
Changes since v2:
- Check for valid fsp file descriptors
- Rebase atop filesystem specific selftest changes
- Change compression fsctl permission checks to match Windows behaviour
+ Add corresponding smbtorture test
Changes since v1:
- Only use smb_fname and fsp args with GET_COMPRESSION. The smb_fname
argument is only needed for the dosmode() code-path, fsp is used
- Add an extra SetInfo(FILE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPRESSED) test.
More information about the samba-technical