Samba4 internal DNS zonecreate question.

hyoscar wu hywuoscar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:35:28 MST 2013

Hi list,

  I am using samba4 ADDC with samba4 internal DNS and I have some
zonecreate questions.

  After my samba4 ADDC start, I add a new dns record in original domain.

  samba-tool dns add 127.0.0.1 mydomain.mytest  abc 192.168.0.123

   `ping abc.mydomain.mytest`

  I can get 192.168.0.123 response , so internal DNS works.

  Next step,
   samba-tool dns zonecreate 127.0.0.1 myzone.my
   samba-tool dns add 127.0.0.1 myzone.my abc 192.168.0.234

   `ping abc.myzone.my`

  I can not get response...

   I restart samba4 ADDC , ping abc.myzone.my again then I can get
192.168.76.234 respone.

  My question is:
  1. After zonecreate, I must restart my samba4 addc ?
  2. If yes, can I just restart internal DNS but all samba processes?
  3. In multiple DC domain, DC can notify other DCs (especially RODC) "I
stop/start/restart/shutdown" ?

  About question 2 and question 3, when there is another samba4 RODC join
in this domain, RODC error  after DC restarting.
  Ex:
         1. DC1 create domain mydomain.mytest
         2. RODC join mydomain.mytest
         3. zonecreate/record adding  in DC1
         4. restart DC1
         5. RODC can not get correct user data(getent passwd or wbinfo -u
in RODC, why??)
         6. RODC restart , RODC can get correct user data.

hyoscar