CTDB is now in Samba master! [Re: CTDB in master?]

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Wed Nov 13 09:39:37 MST 2013

Hi Amitay,
Hi List,

Metze and I have just prepared and pushed the merge of
ctdb-master with samba-master to the master branch of samba.git.

(Note: This has not gone through autobuild since the
 rebasing-action of autobuild would have destroyed the merge.)

We have also restricted the ctdb.git repo, so that it is
not possible any more to push to master.

Now pushes to ctdb
- have to go through samba's autobuild
  (This currently builds ctdb alone and together with samba
   in the "samba-ctdb" target - selftest runs against this
   target are in preparation..)
- should (according to our kind-of-voluntary review policy)
  also carry review / signoff tags of at least two team members.

Similarly, we have disabled pushing to most of the old
release and test branches, keeping only 1.2.40 and 1.0.114
active.

Amitay: If you need to (re)open more branches just let us know.

More details and probably discussion later. :-)

Cheers - Michael