Samba 4 and Profile directory issues.

"David González Herrera - [DGHVoIP]" info at dghvoip.com
Wed May 29 23:16:04 MDT 2013

On 5/28/2013 6:59 PM, Ricky Nance wrote:
> Odd thing, your mail was from several days ago, but it just came
> through on my stuff today. Lets try a couple of things, try changing
> [users] to [homes] and also adding a line under global:
Done

> template homedir = /home/%ACCOUNTNAME%
Done

> Also, comment out the directory_mode line, restart samba and then try
> setting it in in your active directory users and computers as
> \\10.10.10.5\homes\%USERNAME% and see if it works. Also can you double
> check after these changes that your windows user can still write to
> \\10.10.10.5\homes as well?
Done too but now, when I select a group of users and try to change their
properties the Home and Profile fields to \\10.10.10.5\homes\%USERNAME%
it returns Access is Denied (I haven't created any home directory) it
usually created the directories automatically after the PAM changes and
all of your suggestions it can't be done anymore, I-m sure it's due to
some permission thing but I just can't fiure it out myself.

Thanks for your help.