Samba 4 and Profile directory issues.

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Tue May 28 15:44:19 MDT 2013

First think you should check is to see if winbind is setup properly
(resolving names in Ubuntu as it should be) if not, have a look at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind#Using_libnss_winbind (section
2 is the important one, section 3 is if you need *nix to authenticate using
samba). A quick test would be mkdir /home/test && chown someADuser
/home/test && ls -alhd /home/test (replace someADuser with one of your AD
users). If that is working as expected, then the user you are logged into
windows with may not have permissions to write to your Users share, if both
of those are good, paste your [users] section of your smb.conf and we will
go from there.

Ricky