Samba 4 and Profile directory issues.

"David González Herrera - [DGHVoIP]" info at dghvoip.com
Mon May 20 18:50:03 MDT 2013

Hi List,

I've been using S4 for some time now and I'm deploying it on our
company, I'm using it as backend auth for many of our services,
OpenVPN*AS, GroupOffice, Openfire and some others and it works like a charm.

Now I want to tell you what I'm facing, I have a Win7 running the AD
admin. too and I can see everything users, groups all, I've created a
dozen users and I want them to have a home directory but when I try to
do that from the admin control tools and on the profile tab I input
\\10.10.10.5\Users\%username% and I see no errors and the weirdest thing
si thatwhen I browse the Users share on the server I see the directory,
can write to it, create directories, files etc; but the directory is not
created on the physical server which has my head spinning, might this be
a bug, or something I'm doing wrong.

Samba Version
Version 4.1.0pre1-GIT-1a7bd5e

Linux Version
root at samba:~# uname -a
Linux samba 3.5.0-30-generic #51~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 08:48:19
UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Everything was done as per the Samba4 wiki, sorry if this has been
answered before and if you can please refer me to the proper thread so I
can see if I can solve the issue.

Thanks for a great project.

Cheers.