What to do with using_samba?

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Tue May 28 12:26:40 MDT 2013

On May 27, 2013, at 8:09 PM, David Collier-Brown <davec-b at rogers.com> wrote:

> On 05/27/2013 06:50 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 21:51 +0200, Elia Pinto wrote:
>>
>>> But having a good book  as samba 3 by example for samba 4 could be a pleasure.
>> BTW, The issue is the lack of an author, not the lack of a publisher.  I
>> was approach by one only a couple of months ago, but I certainly don't
>> have the time to author a book.
>>
>> Andrew Bartlett
>
> I probably do, depending on how many *!%@%! things I'm doing at once (:-))

I'd be interested in lending a hand where my free time and knowledge intersect.  There are entire subsystems of Samba-4 that I'm not at all familiar with.

I don't know if John Terpstra would be interested or not, but he'd be another person to ask.  I know Gerry Carter has been known to write a book or two in his free time, also.

What would be involved in getting this off the ground?  Now would be the time to start the ball rolling, I think.