What to do with using_samba?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 27 03:06:25 MDT 2013

Back in 2008, Using Samba (3rd ed) was added.

commit e1cf19b2d88aa5555e63087111820e09b899508f
Author: Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org>
Date:   Tue May 27 12:02:27 2008 -0500

    Adding initial copy of "Using Samba (3rd ed)"
    (This used to be commit b77c46a36366d25dcdbc476963fbf43aaa4b9801)

Kai reminds me that the only modification of this document since then
has been to remove paragraphs that reference removed parameters, and we
both wonder if there is any real value being the repository of this
document.

The same could be said for the Howto Collection and By Example books,
but we don't even publish the 3rd edition to our website!  (The website
has only the second edition).

Any thoughts?  Is there somewhere else hosting and maintaining this in
parallel?