[PROPOSAL] To retire autoconf for 4.1

Mon May 27 00:27:21 MDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 12:43:56AM +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > The first two are certainly the most annoying ones, but
> > probably the two that are hardest to fix. If Tridge failed
> > to fix something (startup time), this is my very definition
> > of "unfixable". So I can only ask everybody to keep the old
> > build system around.
> That's not a very constructive approach...

Right, but if the main proponent, himself being Andrew
Tridgell, one of the most intelligent people I know, fails
to solve an issue, I know the mere mortals won't have a
chance. If Tridge fails, I know this is way beyond my
intellectual capabilities.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de