Updating the install_with_python.sh python version

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 26 04:18:04 MDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-26 at 12:13 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 24 May 2013 16:04, Ricky Nance <ricky.nance at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Andrew, it might not hurt to have a check, look in /tmp for the tarball,
> > then use rsync (if available), if not, try wget, if not try XXX (not sure
> > what solaris, freebsd, or any others have by default), if those fail, then
> > error and tell the user to download the file manually to (say /tmp?) .
>
> curl would be another one to try if you wanted to go in this
> direction.  On FreeBSD (and I think other BSDs too) there is "fetch".

Honestly, so far there has been no demand for any of the above, but
tested patches are very welcome.  To start with, we should at least just
check for a gzipped tarball, not just the uncompressed one, as folks on
these older systems seem quite likely to grab it with with web browser
on their PC and upload it to the restricted server, than have the server
even be able to talk to the 'net.

As I say, tested patches are very welcome.