[PROPOSAL] To retire autoconf for 4.1

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 22 23:56:12 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 21:41 -0700, Matthieu Patou wrote:

> I do agree, I don't think that reducing groups or forcing the abi-check
> to occur at the very last stage will actually change the reliability of
> the build.

You keep talking about the ABI checker.  Please first compare the
results with and without this enabled, I think you will find that it
does not change what is linked or when.

Yes, waf is quite aggressive with re-linking, but it has always been
like that, including long before the ABI checker was added.