[patch] make the logging header customisable

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed May 22 22:52:58 MDT 2013

On 05/22/2013 08:53 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 09:59 -0700, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>> On 05/19/2013 10:06 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Find attached an updated version of this, feedback and review welcome.

>> Any body on this patch ? should I push it directly to autobuild ?
> G'Day Matthieu,
>
> Sorry for not getting back to you on this one.  The main thought I had
> about this, at the time and repeated now is:  We hit DEBUG a lot, do we
> need the extra complexity?
I'm not sure it's that much more complicated, or I can make it just a
bit more complicated when you select the debug template header option.
> What is the connection between logging with a header to stdout (which
> was roundly welcomed, except that it caused some odd failure and Jeremy
> never got the patch in) and this more complex proposal?
Well I thought of using the standard header but then I realized that
maybe you want to be able to configure what we print before each debug
line because all the information might not be relevant to you.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team