Debian samba4 package

C.J. Adams-Collier cjac at colliertech.org
Wed May 22 22:07:32 MDT 2013

Is there any way to build making use of only the symbols common across the
various implementations?  I wouldn't think that it should matter which
kerberos implementation the user decides to run on top of; it should be
possible to switch between any of them by simply installing the one of
choice.  Debian should take care of resolving the conflict by removing the
other package.

Maybe I should move this conversation to the debian-samba list, as it might
be a little off topic.

The samba3 packages are in a pretty dismal state.  dh_strip was removing
all of the symbols from all of the pam, nss and idmap plugins when last I
checked.

C.J.