Debian samba4 package

C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP cjac at colliertech.org
Wed May 22 20:22:40 MDT 2013

Wow.  Is there any way to have the package not depend on a specific
implementation of kerberos?  I'd prefer to stick to MIT kerberos.

cjac at foxtrot:~$ sudo apt-get install samba4
[sudo] password for cjac:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  attr bind9 bind9utils ldb-tools libasn1-8-heimdal libdcerpc-server0 libdcerpc0 libgensec0 libgssapi3-heimdal libhcrypto4-heimdal
  libhdb9-heimdal libheimbase1-heimdal libheimntlm0-heimdal libhx509-5-heimdal libkdc2-heimdal libkrb5-26-heimdal libldb1
  libndr-standard0 libndr0 libregistry0 libroken18-heimdal libsamba-credentials0 libsamba-hostconfig0 libsamba-policy0
  libsamba-util0 libsamdb0 libsmbclient-raw0 libtevent0 libwind0-heimdal python-dnspython python-ldb python-samba python-talloc
  python-tdb samba-dsdb-modules samba4-common-bin
Suggested packages:
  bind9-doc ufw phpldapadmin samba-gtk swat2
  attr bind9 bind9utils ldb-tools libasn1-8-heimdal libdcerpc-server0 libdcerpc0 libgensec0 libgssapi3-heimdal libhcrypto4-heimdal
  libhdb9-heimdal libheimbase1-heimdal libheimntlm0-heimdal libhx509-5-heimdal libkdc2-heimdal libkrb5-26-heimdal libldb1
  libndr-standard0 libndr0 libregistry0 libroken18-heimdal libsamba-credentials0 libsamba-hostconfig0 libsamba-policy0
  libsamba-util0 libsamdb0 libsmbclient-raw0 libtevent0 libwind0-heimdal python-dnspython python-ldb python-samba python-talloc
  python-tdb samba-dsdb-modules samba4 samba4-common-bin
0 upgraded, 37 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 11.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 42.8 MB of additional disk space will be used.