About the SMB error codes.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue May 21 06:43:49 MDT 2013

Nilesh,

The severity of the error code is dependent upon the context...the
situation in which the error code was returned.  There is a full document
listing the NT error codes:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc231196.aspx

...but [MS-CIFS] provides the best explanation of SMB error code handling
(including maping from NT to DOS codes).

Chris -)-----