Exposing additional private symbols to OpenChange

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Sun May 19 16:07:41 MDT 2013

Hi Andrew, List,

During last SambaXP, we have noticed that building OpenChange when the
gold linker was installed was causing the compilation to fail with
undefined references:

libmapi.so.2.0: error: undefined reference to 'nt_errstr'
libmapi.so.2.0: error: undefined reference to 'lzxpress_compress'
libmapi.so.2.0: error: undefined reference to 'lzxpress_decompress'

The symbols above are located in private libraries:
        - nt_errstr is located in liberrors (libcli/util)
        - lzxpress_compress and lzxpress_decompress are located in libndr-samba (lib/compression)

Shall we make these libraries public or merge them into another public library?

We had additional linking issues but which we managed to fix with direct
linkage to tevent-util library.

Kind Regards,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Founder

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jkerihuel

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79