Cannot see the domain controller

bogdan_bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Fri May 17 09:02:40 MDT 2013

I was just browsing the web to fish some answers and I found this page for
samba 4.0:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.0_Features_added/changed

Here, at the "known issues" sections the following is mentioned:
"There is no NetBIOS browsing support (network neighbourhood) available for
the AD domain controller. (Support in nmbd and smbd for classic domains and
member/standalone servers is unchanged). "

Was this something that was addressed in the later releases (0.1, 0.2, 0.3,
0.4, 0.5)? I might just be fighting with something that was never
implemented. :)