Cannot see the domain controller

BlackPenguin ADMIN admin at blackpenguin.org
Thu May 16 20:35:22 MDT 2013

I have samba-ad in the services list in the work zone:

[root at pdc zones]# firewall-cmd --get-services
cluster-suite pop3s bacula-client smtp ipp radius bacula ftp mdns samba
dhcpv6-client https openvpn imaps samba-client http dns ntp vnc-server
telnet libvirt ssh samba-ad ipsec ipp-client amanda-client tftp-client
nfs tftp libvirt-tls

The work zone looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<zone>
   <short>Work</short>
   <description>For use in work areas. You mostly trust the other
computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming
connections are accepted.</description>
   <service name="ssh"/>
   <service name="samba-ad"/>
   <service name="mdns"/>
   <service name="ipp-client"/>
   <service name="dhcpv6-client"/>
</zone>

The samba-ad.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<service>
   <short>Samba</short>
   <description>This option allows you to access and participate in
Windows file and printer sharing networks. You need the samba package
installed for this option to be useful.</description>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="1024"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="88"/>
   <port protocol="udp" port="88"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="464"/>
   <port protocol="udp" port="464"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="389"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="636"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="135"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="5353"/>
   <port protocol="udp" port="5353"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="53"/>
   <port protocol="udp" port="53"/>
   <port protocol="udp" port="137"/>
   <port protocol="udp" port="138"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="139"/>
   <port protocol="tcp" port="445"/>
   <module name="nf_conntrack_netbios_ns"/>
</service>

I still cannot find the domain controller in the machine list. Unless I
specifically type \\PDC, or \\PDC.BLACKPENGUIN.ORG. Fedora 18 does not
even see it - same as before.

--
*BlackPenguin ADMIN | Linux administration*
admin at blackpenguin.org | http://www.blackpenguin.org