Anyone remember the rules on links to deleted objects in AD?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 16 06:09:13 MDT 2013

samba-tool dbcheck objects to links to deleted objects, but
repl_meta_data seems to only remove links to recycled objects.

This seems to be behind the dbcheck failure that is preventing me
getting my other drs patches in.  Can someone help remind me what the
rules are here?  I'm presuming the links should be auto-magically
hidden, but not deleted?

Currently extended_dn_out only seems to do that for one way links, and
of course samba-tool dbcheck sets all the 'show me the guts' controls
anyway...

Thanks,