Cannot see the domain controller

bogdan_bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Wed May 15 20:23:04 MDT 2013

When I browse the network from a windows machine, the domain controller does
not show up, but when I type \\PDC.DOMAIN.COM, it presents the shares. This
would not be a problem, since it always works on the windows machine.
However, the linux box cannot see it either and in Linux I cannot type
anything in the address bar since that one does not exist - in Fedora 18. I
can mount the samba share in the console with mount, but this does not solve
my issue. It's like scratching the ear with the opposite hand. What's to do?
What I am doing wrong?