Fedora 18/19/... AD DC?

bogdan_bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Tue May 14 10:24:04 MDT 2013

I am not doing anything special. I am setting up the hostname, static IP,
make sure I have the right DNS/network configuration, then I do:

./configure
make
make install

The AD DC part is never installed on Fedora 18. I have no idea where the
config file is to make it compile with AD part. Also I have no idea what
packages I should kill/uninstall before compiling samba 4. Like I mentioned,
uninstalling the krb5 rpm killed the whole setup on a VM with fedora 18 when
it previously worked on fedora 17. Is it enough if I uninstall the samba 4
packages prior to compile from source? What other special setup needs to be
done on fedora to make this work?

Also how do I restore the folder rights if the samba-tool script is nowhere
to be found? I would like to reprovision from scratch since you modified the
provisioning script, so I can test that.

How to I make sure I backup/restore the provisioning in a safe way without
loosing the folder rights?