samba4 + kerberos + pam

David Feurle david.feurle at sodgeit.de
Tue May 14 05:28:07 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have a problem with samba4 and PAM Kerberos Authentication.

I can login to my machine using the domain user/password (using pam) and manually create the Kerberos ticket (kinit).
Now I want to automatically create a kerberos ticket on login.

As stated in the wiki (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/PAM_Kerberos_Authentication) I need to create the config file in /etc/security/pam_winbind.conf with the corresponding settings.

krb5_auth = yes
krb5_ccache_type = FILE

Im nearly sure that this file is used since I can set the debug option in there and it is used. When I login with a domain user /var/log/auth.log states success of kerberos and I have a shell, but no ticket is created.

I'm using a self compiled version of samba (4.0.5).

Is this a bug in samba4 or am I missing something?

Thanks!

David