VFS change needed for 4.1.0 and above.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 10 21:47:30 MDT 2013

In working with Steve French to define POSIX extended
attribute support in Samba I've realized I'm going to have
to add the following 4 functions to the Samba VFS (in
master, i.e. 4.1.0).

lgetxattr
lsetxattr
lremovexattr
llistxattr

Damn. This is my fault for not adding them in the
first place :-(. I remember thinking about it but
not doing so as we weren't using them and I didn't
want to add non-used functions to the VFS definition.

This will definitely be a Samba 4.1.0 and above
server change. I'll try and work this out next
week whilst at SambaXP.

The good news is it will help me finally remove
the broken semantics of dos_filemode (long story
with a unsubmitted patch).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.