Operating system name in ADUC after upgrade samba4 upgrade

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Mon May 6 09:24:08 MDT 2013

Hi everyone,

this is more of a cosmetic issue, but I wanted to get some input if I'm
doing something wrong or I should fill a bug report.

After upgrading a DC (seen both from samba4 beta2 deb package of alpha
18 from source), the Operating system name in the DC property in the
ADUC still show the initial samba4 version, and not the updated one (ie
in the case of the case of the alpha18 upgraded to 4.0.5, operating
system name still show 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-23d3).

it is just cosmetic, but it would be good to have the right value when
checking for software version compliance through wmi and all.

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon