GSoC -- Possible projects

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Mon May 6 04:20:45 MDT 2013

Hi Aurélien,

On Thu, 2 May 2013 02:30:36 +0200
Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have updated my proposal [1] and I've started a more technical
> document about it here [2].
> Any comments welcome :)

Your analysis and plan look good so far.

Some further explanation of build-system changes would be good to see.
Namely, do you plan to make libarchive a hard dependency for smbclient,
or could you have smbclient archive support conditional, based on
whether the libarchive development headers are present at build time.

Any build-infrastructure changes are further complicated by the fact
that Samba currently allows for waf and Autotools (source3 only) based
builds.

Cheers, David