Fedora 18/19/... AD DC?

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu May 2 21:36:45 MDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:55 AM, bogdan_bartos <admin at blackpenguin.org>wrote:

> Every single time I am compiling it on Fedora 18, the DC part is not
> present.
> I never had problems in Fedora 17. Is there something I am missing?

Without knowing what you are doing exactly it is hard to say. Perhaps you
haven't changed defines in the spec file?

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/samba.git/tree/samba.spec#n31

%global with_mitkrb5 1
%global with_dc 0

These need to be reverted to

%global with_mitkrb5 0
%global with_dc 1

In order to build AD DC version. End result should be similar to compiling
from source, though produced packages may conflict with some other packages
in Fedora repositories which is expected. You'd really don't want to have
much installed in a virtual machine where AD DC build would be running.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy