Google Summer of code 2013

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu May 2 11:22:51 MDT 2013

On 04/09/2013 05:30 PM, Tabibel Sami wrote:
> Hello,
> I am doing master degree of  Cryptology and information security
> I have good C and Python skills, and i am interested to work on "Implement
> login / logout related counter update" project or other project that
> requires C or python programming skills this summer.
>
> I am looking for any comment about the difficulty and the content of the
> project, and also about my chances to be accepted if i apply for.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best Regards.
This is a moderately complicated project, it will involve some analysis
of windows behavior to see in which case counters have to be update and
in which case they don't.

As Jelmer said having a look at the code will give you an idea, before
doing your application feel free to dive in it, try to build it, make
some tests with it and also with Windows Server (you can download a 6
month evaluation copy).
Feel free to ask more question about the code also both in this mailing
list or on IRC: irc.freenode.org #samba-technical

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team