Google Summer of code 2013

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu May 2 07:45:21 MDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 02:30:23AM +0200, Tabibel Sami wrote:
> I am doing master degree of  Cryptology and information security
> I have good C and Python skills, and i am interested to work on "Implement
> login / logout related counter update" project or other project that
> requires C or python programming skills this summer.
>
> I am looking for any comment about the difficulty and the content of the
> project, and also about my chances to be accepted if i apply for.
In general, I'd recommend having a look at the source code. That will give you
an idea of what you're signing up for, and whether your skills match. It will
also help in writing your application.

Chances of being accepted depend on the quality of your application and how
many slots are allocated to Samba. See the "Writing Your Application" section
on https://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforStudents for
some tips.

Cheers,

Jelmer