[ceph-users] CTDB Cluster Samba on Cephfs

Marco Aroldi marco.aroldi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:46:45 MDT 2013

Thanks for the answer,

I haven't yet looked at the samba.git clone, sorry. I will.

Just a quick report on my test environment:
* cephfs mounted with kernel driver re-exported from 2 samba nodes
* If "node B" goes down, everything works like a charm: "node A" does
ip takeover and bring up the "node B"'s ip
* Instead, if "node A" goes down, "node B" can't take the rlock file
and gives this error:

ctdb_recovery_lock: Failed to get recovery lock on
'/mnt/ceph/samba-cluster/rlock'
Unable to get recovery lock - aborting recovery and ban ourself for 300 seconds

* So, for 5 minutes, neither "node A" nor "node B" are active. After
that, the cluster recover correctly.
It seems that one of the 2 nodes "owns" and don't want to "release"
the rlock file

I'm in a sandstill
Any hint is appreciated

--