Patch: Tune "dir" a bit

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:31:39 MDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:01 AM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can you send a "cg_annotate --auto=yes" output of the files,
> and also the same with callgrind and "callgrind_annotate
> --auto=yes". I think both depend on the exact binaries being
> installed.

Enclosed are the original and annotated cachegrind and callgrind
outputs for the binaries that I compiled on my test VM.

For both compiles I set my CC environment variable to make sure the
binaries were as similar as possible.  The 3.5.10 smbd was compiled
with: CC="gcc -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686
-mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables".  The 4.1.0 smbd was
compiled with CC="gcc -O2 -g -pipe -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables".  It had issues using the same flags as
the 3.5.10, so this limited subset was used.  TBH, I'm not sure if
these were applied since the Makefiles both have "CC=gcc".
--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.