Startup errors when DNS/[primary-dc].[domain] on [primary-dc]$ spn exists

Michael Croes mycroes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:16:48 MDT 2013

Some additional information, I guess this might ring bells or explain more:

root at adc:~# /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single -d 2
lpcfg_load: refreshing parameters from /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
samba version 4.0.4 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2012
samba: using 'single' process model
dreplsrv_partition[CN=Configuration,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
dreplsrv_partition[CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu]
loaded
dreplsrv_partition[DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
dreplsrv_partition[DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
dreplsrv_partition[DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
kccsrv_partition[DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
kccsrv_partition[CN=Configuration,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
kccsrv_partition[CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu]
loaded
kccsrv_partition[DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
kccsrv_partition[DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=mijlweg,DC=visser,DC=eu] loaded
Could not find DNS/adc.mijlweg.visser.eu principal in secrets database:
NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO: Could not find entry to match filter:
'(&(|(realm=MIJLWEG.VISSER.EU)(flatname=VISSER))(servicePrincipalName=DNS/
adc.mijlweg.visser.eu))' base: 'cn=Principals': No such object: (null)
task_server_terminate: [Failed to obtain server credentials for DNS,
despite finding it in the samdb! NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
]
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: smbd version 4.0.4 started.
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team
1992-2012
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: standard input is not a socket, assuming -D
option
samba_terminate: Failed to obtain server credentials for DNS, despite
finding it in the samdb! NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

root at adc:~#

So it seems there's no cn=Principals, should it be there?
Regards,

Michael