SUCCESSfull setup

Zahari Zahariev zahari.zahariev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 10:15:34 MDT 2013

Hello Lazar,

Congratulation on your success!

I recommend you not to use the apt-get provided packages for Samba4 but get
the latest stable released source in TAR.GZ format then compile and install
it which is a breeze:

https://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/samba-4.0.4.tar.gz

# ./configure && make && make install

Package system versions especially Debian's are very very outdated.

Good luck!

Zahari Zahariev
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems, Sofia