samba 4.0.3 freeze replication AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 22 16:20:04 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 14:50 +0100, Stefan Jäckel wrote:
> Hi,
>

> i installed this version as AD DC with an additional samba DC (same
> version). After a few hours (sometimes longer, until a day) the samba daemon
> freezes. I have to use the kill command with the –KILL option. The reason
> could be the replication process to the additional DC? It is a big
> directory. I migrated it from a large Openldap-backend with over 11000
> entries. I used the samba-tool for upgrading. I also tested it in AD single
> mode (standalone) without any problems.

Stefan,

I'm very happy to try and debug what is going on here, because good
support for large directories are very important to me.

Was it in a 100% CPU loop?

Can you get a gdb backtrace from where it seems to be stuck or spinning?

Have you tried Samba master or v4-0-test?

We know there are still some issues in our replication code, but we are
working on them when we can get reproducible test cases.

Thanks,