Windows Search Protocol for samba share

Jean-Daniel FISCHER jeandaniel.fischer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:14:30 MDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I wish to develop Windows Search Protocol (MS-WSP) support for samba share.
I have gone through the specification and I am confident it can be done.

The protocol works on top of SMB using the named pipe MSFTEWDS according to
the specification MS provides.

I am looking for a way to declare this named pipe into samba and make all
requests made on that named pipe forward to an external program.

I have  looked over samba source code, wiki and mailing list archives
during the last month, I can’t find a way to do it. Is there any way to do
this ?

Best regards,

Jean-Daniel FISCHER