samba 4.0.3 freeze replication AD

Stefan Jäckel stefan.jaeckel at wiwi.uni-halle.de
Tue Mar 19 07:50:28 MDT 2013

Hi,

i installed this version as AD DC with an additional samba DC (same
version). After a few hours (sometimes longer, until a day) the samba daemon
freezes. I have to use the kill command with the –KILL option. The reason
could be the replication process to the additional DC? It is a big
directory. I migrated it from a large Openldap-backend with over 11000
entries. I used the samba-tool for upgrading. I also tested it in AD single
mode (standalone) without any problems.

Here is the error log (if this appear, the samba daemon is already frozen) :

[2013/03/11 14:35:56,  0]
../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294(dnsupdate_nameupdate_done)

  ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294: Failed DNS update -
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

[2013/03/11 14:35:56,  0]
../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:323(dnsupdate_spnupdate_done)

  ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:323: Failed SPN update -
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Best regards. S. Jäckel