[Release Planning 4.0] Samba 4.0.5 on April 9?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 19 04:38:47 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 11:25 +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if there are no objections, I would like to schedule Samba 4.0.5 for
> Tuesday, April 9. That means, that the release branch will be frozen
> on Tuesday, April 2.
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_4.0
> has been updated accordingly.

I'm happy with that, or even a week earlier.  The task I have
outstanding is writing 'samba-tool dbcheck --reset-well-known-acls', and
a pile of patches pending review.

The CAP_LARGE_READX stuff should also be included.

I don't like putting off releases (we got into a terrible state where we
didn't make feature releases for a long time last year), but at the same
time, I've simply not been able to produce the upgrade guidance we
promised for our AD users last time!

Pushing it off until after Easter seems realistic at this point.