[Release Planning 4.0] Freeze v4-0-test

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Mar 18 14:29:08 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 06.03.2013 10:54, schrieb Karolin Seeger:
> Samba 4.0.4 is scheduled for Tuesday, March 19.

Can you please include a small info in the release notes (or the wiki),
how users running <= 4.0.2 can update (or if it's suggested to stay at
their version), because of the ACL changes in 4.0.3 and later.

The release notes of 4.0.3 said:

 > For more details concerning the ACL problem with delegation of
 > privileges and deletion of accounts over LDAP interface (bugs #8909
 > and #9267) regarding upgrades from older 4.0.x versions, please see
 >
 >     http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Upgrading
 >
 > which will be filled with details once we have worked out an upgrade
 > strategy.

but yet there isn't an information if <= 4.0.2 users can upgrade without
lossing existing ACLs (like for delegations).

Thanks.

Regards,
Marc