samba-tool sites create incapable of remote creation

Felix Wu mengxwu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:18:26 MDT 2013

Hello,

Samba-tool seems to ignore the --ipaddress option when I attempt to create
a new site remotely (the -h clearly shows that --ipaddress is a valid
option). I double checked and verified that it is always creating the Sites
objects in Samba's own sam.ldb store, even when the remote server ip
address is specified. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Current workaround is using ldbtools (ldbadd in particular) to create the
necessary objects and such.

Thanks,
Meng