Has anyone seen this weird behavior from Mac OS X's SMB client?

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Fri Mar 15 14:16:43 MDT 2013

On Solarii, the first kind of botch tends to get smoothed out someplace
downstream of the strategy routine in the driver, during coalescence.
Alas, this is at the cost of a whole wodge of system calls doing short
I/Os from memory.  They would better be handled way upstream, perhaps in
a vfs that could itself do coalescing.

The second I'm less sure about: I *think* the same thing applies,
assuming I'm interpreting it correctly...

--dave

On 03/15/2013 03:25 PM, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> Well... there you go.  ;)
>
> On 03/15/2013 02:18 PM, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Christopher R. Hertel
>> <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:
>>> On the Windows platform, such odd behavior patterns are often tracked back
>>> to the application itself.  Could that be the case here?  Which application
>>> causes this behavior?
>> Heh, the application is PowerPoint for the Mac from the Office Suite
>> for the Mac.
>>
>>> Chris -)-----

>>> --
>>> "Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem" ISBN: 013047116X
>>> Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/     -)-----   Christopher R. Hertel
>>> jCIFS Team -- http://jcifs.samba.org/   -)-----   ubiqx development, uninq.
>>> ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
>>> OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org