about ctdb data replication

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 04:59:27 MDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Liujun (A) <liujun09 at huawei.com> wrote:

> I know ctdb has a ltdb(local tdb) on each node , is the global db must
> store on share filesystem(like gfs),which all node can write and read from
> the global db.

CTDB does not need the databases to be stored in the shared storage. In
fact it is designed such that the databases on each node are independent.

> Another questions is if the same data are stored in each node for data
> recovery?

Recovery process will merge all the databases and then push them to all the
nodes. So after recovery all the databases will be exact replica on all the
nodes.  Persistent databases are always in sync (that is they are always
the same across all the nodes). Non-persistent databases can change
independently on all the nodes and do not need to be synchronized.

Amitay.