tsocket: writev can return -1, with an errno==ENOMEM on Solaris/illumos.

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Wed Mar 13 07:50:57 MDT 2013

Before you ask:

Yes, I looked at the illumos kernel sources, and I proved that this
happened using dtrace.

It is a strange case, but the actual strange errno will only come from the
network stack as far as I can tell.

For solaris users pushing high amounts of SMB2 traffic.  This is a fairly
important fix, the way the error manifests can be VERY hard to track down,
and will show up as samba just being unreliable.  (Randomly closing
connections.)

Please review and push if acceptable, after that I'll create the bug and we
can backport it to 4.0 and 3.6.

Note: I did my work against 3.6.  This is a "forward port" of that work.

-Ira