ISC DHCP with ldap in AD?

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Tue Mar 12 10:15:08 MDT 2013

On 12/03/13 15:33, Alexis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here some reports on what I have done:
>
> I converted the dhcp.schema to dhcp.ldiff using the  script here:
> http://stuckinadoloop.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/script-to-convert-openldap-schema-files-to-ldif-format/
>
> It gave me a dhcp.ldif file which I can inject
> (after small edit to add th e base DC):
> ldbmodify -H CN\=CONFIGURATION\,DC\=x.ldb dhcp.ldif --option "dsdb:schema
> update allowed"=true

The ldif you got is an OpenLDAP ldif not a Samba4 ldif, if you are
trying to convert a Openldap schema to a Samba4 ldif, you need to use
oLschema2ldif.
What you are trying to do has been tried, there is quite a series of
postings about it, if you care to search the mailinglists archives. From
what I can remember it failed due to attributes clashing, same names or
something similar.

Rowland

> after that I can retrieve the entry like that:
> ldbsearch -H CN\=CONFIGURATION\,DC\=x.ldb cn=dhcp
>
> But I can't add dhcp entry :
> ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb /root/dhcptest.ldif
> give me
> ERR: (No such attribute) "objectclass dhcpService is not a valid objectClass
> in schema"
>
> or if I try in this ldb file:
> ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC\=x.ldb
> /root/dhcptest.ldif
> I lost acces to my AD and samba output this message till I remove those
> entries:
> ldb: acl_read: cannot get descriptor of ou=dhcp,dc=x
>

> I don't know what to do from here.
>
> I join the dhcp.ldif file and here is the small ldap entry test:
>
> dn: ou=dhcp,dc=x
> changetype: add
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> ou: dhcp