ISC DHCP with ldap in AD?

Alexis alexis.pellicier at nds.k12.tr
Tue Mar 12 09:33:57 MDT 2013

Hello,

Here some reports on what I have done:

I converted the dhcp.schema to dhcp.ldiff using the  script here:
http://stuckinadoloop.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/script-to-convert-openldap-schema-files-to-ldif-format/

It gave me a dhcp.ldif file which I can inject
(after small edit to add th e base DC):
ldbmodify -H CN\=CONFIGURATION\,DC\=x.ldb dhcp.ldif --option "dsdb:schema
update allowed"=true

after that I can retrieve the entry like that:
ldbsearch -H CN\=CONFIGURATION\,DC\=x.ldb cn=dhcp

But I can't add dhcp entry :
ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb /root/dhcptest.ldif
give me
ERR: (No such attribute) "objectclass dhcpService is not a valid objectClass
in schema"

or if I try in this ldb file:
ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC\=x.ldb
/root/dhcptest.ldif
I lost acces to my AD and samba output this message till I remove those
entries:
ldb: acl_read: cannot get descriptor of ou=dhcp,dc=x

I don't know what to do from here.

I join the dhcp.ldif file and here is the small ldap entry test:

dn: ou=dhcp,dc=x
changetype: add
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: dhcp