FSRVP samba configuration problems

Teng-Feng Yang shinrairis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 05:35:56 MDT 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I try to grant my user SeBackupPrivilege as you recommend, and
everything works like a charm. :)
Since I have a server running Windows Server 2012 at hand, I also try
to use the diskshadow utility to take a remote snapshot with FSRVP
server on linux.
I create mirror accounts and passwords on both windows client and FSRVP server.
When I enter "add volume \\<IP Address of FSRVP Server>\<share name>",
it keeps telling me that this share does not support shadow copy.
I check the full debug log of samba and fssd, turns out the fssd has
never received any request.
Should I put both the client and the server in the same AD domain to
make this works?

Also, is there any time schedule for this great feature to be
officially released?
Thanks for your patience.

Any help would be grateful.

Best Regards,

Dennis

--
Teng Feng Yang
Research Assistant of Director. P.C. Yew
E-mail:shinrairis at iis.sinica.edu.tw